Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Amateur Acting.

We got our critics from the Great Gatsby play back today. People in Drama said I'm a good actress.
And that was probably the first acting experience I've ever had.
Maybe it's because I've been acting every day of my life.
Because I've been pretending, fronting and hiding behind this facade of apathy (or what I aim to portray as an uncaring demeanor) for so long, that I've just gotten used to being fake.
Don't judge me. We all do it. I'm just trying to find myself and change, for the better.

Gilbert said I act like I'm better than everyone else, after just one day of meeting me. When I asked Sharon, one of the few people in the world who knows me really well, if that was true, she said yes. But she attempted to make this sound like it's not thaaat bad of a thing by saying that she understands how I am and how I go off into my own little world, with little care of what happens around me. I know I ignore a lot of outside "noise", but I had no idea that resulted in giving off such an ugly impression. I pretend that the person I like isn't there, even when they are the only thing I notice. I pretend not to care about hurtful things. It's just my defense mechanism. My "snobbishness" is just another personal characteristic I need to work on, I guess.