Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"I majored in UNAFRAID."

This quote is part of the Barnard supplement to the Common Application. Instead of the traditional "I majored in Chemistry, or English, or Psycology", it says I majored in Unafraid. I majored, in life, in taking risks and going out of my way to achieve my goals.










This past weekend at Barnard was amazing. Barnard girls are super friendly and I definitely feel like I belong there. And Columbia is literally right across the street. I love the 9 Ways of Knowing GE system. There's this homey feeing about Barnard that welcomes its students that feels so good after a night of partying and coming home at lie, 4am. But I decided not to do ED for Barnard, because there are other colleges that I am interested in, and what it's going to come down to is the financial aid package that each college gives me, and I heard that ED gives less financial aid :P Probably not at Barnard or Columbia, because the applications are need blind, but the legally binding part of the ED process scares me. I'm still pretty iffy about committing to one school, legally.

I feel as if I will do amazing at any college I go to, regardless of the school's name. I'll be happy at any school I get into because I know what my goals are and I know how to achieve them. The college application process is such a personal one. I've discovered so much about myself that surprises me. I'm not afraid of anything anymore. I'm not afraid of moving half-way across the country and experience snow for the first time. The only scary part is the living expenses, but I'll get a job.