Saturday, October 29, 2011

Flowers.

On the night of the NHS induction ceremony, I asked my mom (days in advance) if she could go pick up some flowers and drop it off at school for me, because I was in charge of getting bouquets for our speakers. She went and did it, and then calls me an hour before the ceremony and tells me that she forgot her wallet at home. Okay, if this was a one time occurrence, it wouldn't have made me break down and cry in afterschool Calc tutoring. But this happens every. single. time. My mother is irresponsible and undependable...she is the fundamental opposite of every ideal I strive to achieve.

So I drove to the nearest store, in the rain, when I was supposed to be helping set up for the ceremony, through horrific traffic, to pick them up. It took an hour to do all this and get back to school literally 5 minutes before the event started. I had to change and slip on my heels and everything was wet and nasty...not fun.

But when Azeb handed the bouquet of flowers to the speaker and he said "Wow, this is the first time I've ever received flowers." That made it all worth it. He's old, like past 60 years old, and I was able to do this tiny, minuscule thing for him. :D

Well, this is a little peek into the kind of contemplation that goes on in my head, while I'm on my fourth 6-hour flight, this week.