Saturday, January 7, 2012

"In life, you don't find yourself. You create yourself."

I kind of regret pushing people away all of these years. Now, halfway through my senior year...all I can think is that: I WISH I had made an effort to mend that rift. I WISH I had made more of an effort to show my very best friends I care about them. But all I can do now is make the best of what's left. After graduation, all I can do is try to keep in touch with people and life will play on from there. 

But I guess I had to go through all this personal conflict and self aggravation, in order to transcend every teaching my parents have ever bestowed upon me. I'm still working on opening up to others, so that they don't misunderstand my intentions, and pealing away this mask that I hold in front of my face every second of the day. (Well, except when I'm with my close friends who I tell every minute, embarrassing, self defacing detail to.) 

Life is a working progress.